Thursday, March 15, 2018

Oh the Torture!


I found this sweet home in York in January.  While I've never pictured myself in a bungalo-style home, I was instantly intrigued with this house.  And when I walked inside, I was instantly sold!  It was recently renovated top to bottom and done oh so well.  Built in 1935, it is certainly one of the newest houses I've ever owned or even lived in.  


When I was born, my family lived in an 1800's Victorian farmhouse in Frederick County, Maryland.  When I married, my husband and I bought an 1800's Victorian farmhouse in Frederick County.  Which we renovated, top to bottom.  Fast forward to my second marriage when my husband and I bought an 1800's home in Carroll County, Maryland.  Which we renovated top to bottom.  When that house was finished, we bought a stone home in York, Pennsylvania.  Which we renovated top to bottom.  

And here I am buying a house in York, Pennsylvania.  And it's already renovated.  Completely.  One hundred percent!  YAY!!!!!!  

It's a very small house - only 1200 square feet.  But I'm just one girl, I no longer need a huge house.  It has a fenced in back yard for Bella.  (My poor, sweet, wonderful dog Rosie, passed away recently.  She was 13 years old and lived a wonderful life in many of the homes listed above.  She is sorely missed and will never be forgotten.)  Anyway....the house has two bedrooms and an office.  And the dining room will be my jewelry studio.  Being a 1935 house, it has some wonderful features that were common in those days....two built in china cupboards, arched doorways, wonderful window moldings, a tiny built in linen closet.  I couldn't resist.

The next steps involved setting up the loan and packing.  Packing I can do!  I'm very experienced at it!  The loan process is where the torture comes in.  The contract was written in January with a February 21st closing date.  Ha!  Here it is March 15th and I still haven't closed on the house.  I thought closing was going to happen while I was in Nashville for Market, so I got a Power of Attorney so Anne could go to closing for me.  That was a waste of time!  Then closing was supposed to be as soon as I returned from Market.  That didn't happen.  Finally it seemed that this Tuesday was going to be the day.  I purchased a refrigerator, washer and dryer and scheduled deliver for this morning.  I set up lots of help with moving.  I have covered Anne's house in boxes of my stuff.  And it didn't happen.  So, my fingers are crossed for this Friday, but realistically I know that it won't be until next week.  

My jewelry bench is all packed up, so no jewelry making for me.  Every book I own is all packed up, so no reading for me.  I'm determined not to spend money, so no shopping for me.  I am going nuts!!  Fortunately, I have my computers still and can post lengthy blog posts!  And I can design.  Yay!  I've been designing like a girl possessed. And that's a good thing!  My creativity is a bit weird from all the stress, but I've been working around that.  I have no idea where my boxes of linens and silk threads might be, so nothing will be stitched until after I move, but in the meantime, I will design.  And go nuts.

I'll keep you posted!
Have a great day everyone!



20 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

I hope you get some 'closure' soon! what a sweet little bungalow, and I'm sure it will be a dollhouse once you have put your creative decorating touch to everything in there ~
can't wait to see photos once you're settled in. I've been following Liz on IG too ~ LOVE her creativity {like momma} and that smile of hers!
L

marly said...

Really like this kitchen! What a blessing it is move in ready and looks this good. Nice porch too. Hope all is settled very soon!

Robin in Virginia said...

Kathy, what a sweet place to be moving into! I look forward to seeing it featured here on your blog once you get moved in and settled. I can't wait to see what you have been designing during this time. Hopefully, closing happens soon for you. Best wishes on your new home.

Anonymous said...

Darling bungalow you will soon own! Living in a small space is really quite comfortable and sweet!
Best wishes for your new beginning!
~Nancy~

Delania said...

Congratulations on your new home! We moved last September to a larger home after living in the same place for 16 years - I don't know how I had all that stuff crammed into a smaller house. It will be a lot of work but you will be so happy after getting settled.

Constance said...

Congratulations! It is a beautiful, charming home.

Annie with the ducks said...

My fingers are crossed for you too. Hope the closing happens this Friday. It is such a beautiful, charming house and there is something to be said for move in condition. Oh and please-design away!!

Cindy's Stitching said...

A beautiful home. How rediculous people are treated this way. A home closing should be simple. Keep the faith and soon you will be in your new home. 🌻🌻🌻🌻

Phyllis said...

Hi Kathy! I hope you can get settled soon. The house looks lovely! Congrats and best wishes!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely house! I can't wait to see more photos, and that your closing has happened!!!!
Friday is only one day away... maybe it WILL happen tomorrow?!
Hugs for now from way too snowy for March New Hampshire...

Unknown said...

OMG!! What a cute place! Closing on a house is such a nightmare but I'm sure it will be over soon. I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy. That is such a hard thing to go through. I wish you many happy hours in your new home.
XOXOXOXO

Mugwump Woolies said...

What a lovely nest for you! Congratulations! Can't wait to see more.
Robyn

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a gorgeous house! I hope it closes soon. How stressful.
So sorry about the loss of your furbaby. It's hard to lose one of the family. Unconditional love.
Hugs :)
Lauren

woolwoman said...

oh Kathy - it's just a wonderful house ! I hope you will be so very happy there and the closing comes quickly and you can move in and start enjoying your dreams.
happy St Pat's Melody

Lori said...

Congrats sweet Kathy!!!! What an adorable home! And so flippin fantastic .... No. Work. Needed 🙌🙌 enjoy and hope you close before the year is out lol

Silent Stitches said...

Congratulations,Kathy!
You found an adorable house! I'm looking forward to seeing it after you add your special touches. Wishing you much happiness in your new home. Best wishes. ~C

The Eveningstitcher said...

OMG! I'm in love with your new home!!! It is gorgeous and that is the perfect size!! I've been in my home for 30 years...I've only moved one time in my life and I am so ready for a change!! If only I could find a house like yours. Best of luck and please show more pictures when you have time!

Vibha said...

Happy Halloweeen !!! Here we brings some DIY Creepy Halloween Decoration Ideas for you to celebrate this Halloween event and make it memorable. You can also check History of Halloween as well as Halloween Customs and Traditions on our this blog post. For more details please follow our blogs Halloween Ideas 2018.

"ISKANDAR LENDERS" said...

Kami menawarkan berbagai layanan keuangan yang meliputi: Perencanaan Bisnis, Komersial dan Pengembangan Keuangan, Properti dan Hipotek, Pinjaman Konsolidasi Utang, Pinjaman Bisnis, Pinjaman Swasta, Pinjaman Pembiayaan Kembali Rumah dengan suku bunga rendah untuk perorangan, perusahaan dan badan hukum. Dapatkan yang terbaik untuk keluarga Anda dan miliki rumah impian Anda juga dengan skema Pinjaman Umum kami. Pelamar yang tertarik harus Hubungi kami melalui BBM INVITE: {D8980E0B}
Hanya WhatsApp :: {+ 33753893351}
Email: (iskandalestari.kreditpersatuan@gmail.com)

"ISKANDAR LENDERS" said...

Hubungi kami:
                                            via BBM INVITE: {D8980E0B}
                                              WhatsApp: (+ 44) 7480 729811
                                                Tel .... (+ 44) 7480 729811

Apakah Anda memerlukan pinjaman yang sah, jujur, bereputasi dan mendesak? Pencarian Anda untuk pinjaman yang sah berakhir di sini hari ini karena kami di sini untuk memenuhi kebutuhan keuangan Anda. Jika Anda telah ditolak pinjaman oleh bank atau lembaga keuangan dengan alasan apa pun jangan khawatir lagi tentang masalah keuangan Anda karena kami adalah solusi untuk kemalangan finansial Anda. Kami telah menyediakan Miliaran (mata uang berbeda) dalam pinjaman bisnis kepada lebih dari 32.000 pemilik bisnis. Kami menggunakan teknologi risiko yang kami tentukan sendiri untuk memberi Anda pinjaman bisnis yang tepat sehingga Anda dapat tumbuh urusanmu. kami menawarkan pinjaman untuk semua jenis dengan tingkat bunga rendah dan juga jangka waktu untuk membayar kembali pinjaman. Apakah Anda memiliki kredit yang buruk? Apakah Anda memerlukan uang untuk membayar tagihan? atau Anda merasa perlu memulai bisnis baru? Apakah Anda memiliki proyek yang belum selesai karena pendanaan yang buruk? Apakah Anda memerlukan uang untuk berinvestasi dalam spesialisasi apa pun yang akan menguntungkan Anda? ISKANDAR LESTARI LOAN COMPANY bertujuan untuk memberikan layanan keuangan profesional yang sangat baik e_mail: (iskandalestari.kreditpersatuan@gmail.com)

Pinterest

Repeat the Sounding Joy

Repeat the Sounding Joy
Repeat the Sounding Joy

Maddie

Maddie
Maddie

Pretty as a Peacock

Pretty as a Peacock
Pretty as a Peacock

Halloween Greetings

Halloween Greetings
Halloween Greetings

Minerva

Minerva
Minerva

Tea Keeper

Tea Keeper
Tea Keeper

Miniature Quaker Sampler

Miniature Quaker Sampler
Miniature Quaker Sampler

Autumn Harvest

Autumn Harvest
Autumn Harvest

Tonight is Halloween

Tonight is Halloween
Tonight is Halloween

Miss Elizabeth Perkins

Miss Elizabeth Perkins
Miss Elizabeth Perkins

Halloween Stocking

Halloween Stocking
Halloween Stocking

Ann Smith, Reproduction Sampler

Ann Smith, Reproduction Sampler
Ann Smith, Reproduction Sampler

Time Enough

Time Enough
Time Enough

London Zoo

London Zoo
London Zoo

Dearie and Darling

Dearie and Darling
Dearie and Darling

Peace on Earth

Peace on Earth
Peace on Earth

And Heaven and Nature Sing

And Heaven and Nature Sing
And Heaven and Nature Sing

Home in My Heart

Home in My Heart
Home in My Heart

Painted Wings

Painted Wings
Painted Wings

My Day Complete

My Day Complete
My Day Complete

Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone
Daniel Boone

This Little Gift

This Little Gift
This Little Gift

Good Intentions

Good Intentions
Good Intentions

Autumn on Lazy Bear Mountain

Autumn on Lazy Bear Mountain
Autumn on Lazy Bear Mountain

Bird's Eye View

Bird's Eye View
Bird's Eye View

Little Lamb

Little Lamb
Little Lamb

Three Snakes in Paradise

Three Snakes in Paradise
Three Snakes in Paradise

Susanna Folley, Tombstone Angel

Susanna Folley, Tombstone Angel
Susanna Folley, Tombstone Angel

Girls...

Girls...
Girls...

Liberty Bell

Liberty Bell
Liberty Bell

Bird Study

Bird Study
Bird Study

A Halloween Birthday

A Halloween Birthday
A Hallowe'en Birthday

The Village

The Village
The Village

Rodney

Rodney
Rodney

Mary Cotton

Mary Cotton
Mary Cotton

Pennsylvania Fraktur

Pennsylvania Fraktur
Pennsylvania Fraktur

Rebecca

Rebecca
Rebecca

Gregory in the Garden

Gregory in the Garden
Gregory in the Garden

Blue Spruce

Blue Spruce
Blue Spruce

Reindeer Games

Reindeer Games
Reindeer Games

Anna's Bird

Anna's Bird
Anna's Bird

A Multiplying Bird

A Multiplying Bird
A Multiplying Bird

Winter Swan

Good & Proper

Into the Manor Born

Adam & Eve Revisited

Adam & Eve Revisited
Adam & Eve Revisited

Black Heart

Black Heart
Black Heart

Riley Harbor

Riley Harbor
Riley Harbor

Bee Study

Bee Study
Bee Study

A Fine Farm House

A Fine Farm House
A Fine Farm House

Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark
Noah's Ark

Grace

Grace
Grace

Strawberry Town

Strawberry Bird

October 31st

Moon Dance

Miss Martha's Potting Shed

Joyoux Noel

Deer Heart

Crowned Heart

Christmas Day, 1826

Cat & Mouse

Adam & Eve

About Me

My Photo
Kathy Barrick
View my complete profile

News from the Raven's Bench

subscribe!
* indicates required

Followers